PO Box 1581
Newtown, PA 18940
Email: dave [at] daveaiello.com
Home Page: http://www.daveaiello.com/
Senior Systems-Development Specialist | IT Consulting | Full Lifecycle Project Leadership | Web Systems Development Using LAMP Technologies as well as UNIX / Sybase | Strategic Business Planning and Analysis
- Accomplished, results-oriented information technology professional with experience in multinational corporations, startups, and small businesses.
- Well-rounded technical skills with recent concentration on the LAMP technologies (Linux – Apache – MySQL – Perl and PHP).
- Extensive experience with enterprise client server application development based on UNIX and Sybase.
- Successful technical leadership track record on small and large projects.
- Long history of quickly learning new technologies and incorporating them into ongoing projects.
Software: Apache, MySQL, Sybase ASE, Movable Type Publishing Platform
Server OS: Linux (Red Hat, Fedora Core, & CentOS), UNIX (Solaris, AIX, & HP/UX)
Desktop OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP, MacOS X 10.4 – 10.6.
Six Apart, Ltd., Six Apart Services
November 2008 – present
Lead developer of Movable Type 4.x. Provides technical support to Six Apart’s largest enterprise customers in the media and technology industries throughout the world.
June 2006 – present
Chatham Township Data Corporation
August 2002 – May 2006
Advised corporate clients and direct project teams in strategic system development and enhancement. Led technical consultation, design, programming, and documentation.
Key Client Assignments and Project Deliverables:
- Spot-On.com– Designed and implemented the server architecture for client. Created a web publishing environment that integrated the work of 12 authors that could be run by the managing editor of the site and a single intern.
- USA Hockey, Inc.– Designed and implemented a membership management application in Perl 5.x and MySQL 4.1 for the officiating program. Created database synchronization mechanism to allow local databases to remain in sync with master. Implemented off-site backup system for disaster recovery purposes.
Worked as a member of a large team to redevelop the main client-facing web portal used for distributing research reports. Led a team of eight developers in the development, testing, and implementation of the Data Migration Subsystem that involved a great deal of ETL (extract – transfer – load) and text file parsing. Worked hands-on with Perl 5.x language modules and Sybperl middleware on Sybase ASE with HP/UX & AIX servers.
Developed knowledge management application for Internal Audit department of J.P. Morgan prior to merger. Based application on open source web publishing system in order to reduce cost and minimize project risk. Converted application from Perl 5.x / MySQL 3.x to Perl 5.x / Sybase 11 to meet corporate requirements. Hired by LabMorgan (internal R&D) group after project succeeded. Participated in the J.P. Morgan – Chase Technology Selection Process after merger.
Additional experience from 1992-1998 and references available on request.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, Bachelor of Science Degree, Management.